World Outreach International Inc. (WOI) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of visitors to our website. All Information that is obtained through the World Outreach International website is used for the sole purpose of supporting your individual requirements and is not disclosed to any other organisation for any financial gain or advertising purpose.
Table of Contents
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
We will collect personal information from you when you fill out one of our forms (for example to apply to serve with World Outreach International, enquire about a trip, contact an office, sign up for an event).
Depending on why you provide us with your information, the following may be collected: your name, email address, postal address, billing address, debit or credit card details.
In some circumstances (for example, when applying to join WOI) we will ask for additional details including qualifications, expertise, work history, birth date, country of residence, passport country, etc.
When collecting your personal data, we will only ever ask for the information we need for that specific purpose.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information (when making donations or purchasing a product), your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your experience of our website;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and updates;
- donation history may be used for communication (and analytical) purposes;
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Media Temple
- Amazon Web Services
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
World Outreach International also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that World Outreach International stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which World Outreach International will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:
- It is necessary in order to provide service to the customer;
- It is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of World Outreach International and its customers;
- It is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, or other legal process that World Outreach International determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- It is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by World Outreach International and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
How we secure your data?
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS).
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
When you make an online payment for membership or an event booking, you enter a secure internet site and put your details directly into our payment provider’s secure web page. We use Paypal and eWay as our payment gateways, you can find out more about their privacy policies here and here.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Attending Our Events
At our events we may have photography and videography taking place. This material may be used for future marketing and other communications from the World Outreach International. Where possible we will ask your permission to take your photograph; if you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please let a member of staff know.
Prins Clauslaan 60
P.O. Box 93374
2509 AJ Den Haag/The Hague
Tel. +31 70 888 8500
Fax +31 70 888 8501