World Outreach International’s MAP exists to assist prospective missionaries on their journey to the mission field.
MAP Mentors are experienced missionaries who are passionate about helping people like you fulfil God’s call on their lives, especially if you are called to take the Gospel to people who have not yet heard.
How well you progress depends on your commitment to hearing from God and obeying Him. But you won’t be alone in this. Your mentor will be alongside you throughout, advising, encouraging and praying for you.
If you join MAP, it does not mean that you are automatically a World Outreach International (WOI) missionary. Nor are you obliged to join WOI later on. But of course we will help you to join if it is the right organization for you.
Some information on MAP
- MAP is free of charge. But you will have some expenses like buying books, DVDs and attending training courses.
- MAP is structured and built from experience.
- Your mentor will start you at the point in MAP that is right for you.
- You and your mentor will talk by phone or Skype typically once or twice a month, and e-mail back and forth – depending on the phase of MAP at any time.
- This is a guided programme, not a directive one.
- You get out what you put in – the responsibility for progress lies with you.li>
- You or the mentor can opt out of MAP at any point. You are not locked in!
Topics Covered by MAP
MAP is not a fixed programme. Your mentor will adapt it to your needs, making sure you are well-prepared. It covers topics and discussion points such as:
- Personal spiritual growth.
- Clarifying your calling.
- Getting on-the-job experience in your home church.
- Basic training, e.g. Bible School, Missions training.li>
- Determining the type of mission ministry that is the best fit for you.
- Exposure to other cultures, eg. going on an Exposure trip or doing an Internship.
- Application requirements and advice on raising of support.
Please keep in mind that mentors have full-time ministries, but are committed to be available to you as their workload permits.
If you …
- are 18 years old and above.
- are contemplating long term service amongst a Least Reached People group.
- have a strong desire to see the Gospel taken to the unreached (people who have not yet heard).
- are committed and willing to be mentored.
- are willing to get finances for books and attend training courses as needed.
- are self-motivated.
- are able and willing to communicate with your mentor (via e-mail, Skype, etc).
- are prepared to work hard to raise prayer and financial support.
… then MAP is for you!
Please consider your journey with MAP prayerfully before you apply. To join MAP, please fill in this form, and mention that you are interested in MAP:Join MAP