Teach English Thailand
Dates: 3 – 18 January 2020
This is Thailand, but not as you know it. This is your opportunity to join with a World Outreach International team and to take part in a cultural exchange of eternal significance.
English teaching will be in schools and community settings. No experience required—just be willing to give everything a try. We have teaching materials and resources available, and you’ll be paired with another person.
Whilst English is our focus, we may also be asked to participate in other outreach activities such as ministry to children, youth remand center, and visits to missions’ partners. Our plans will develop in conjunction with missions hosts and you’ll be advised as they develop.
It is anticipated that part of our time will be in rural provinces of Thailand. This is a rare opportunity to travel off the tourist trail and share life with local people.
Our journey starts in Bangkok where we’ll spend time going through cultural briefings, team building, and child safety protocols.
Dress requirements are quite specific and will be explained in team preparation meetings.
Our accommodation is generally in local small hotels and guesthouses that our hosts arranged for us.
It’s the coolest time of the year in Thailand and, although it will be warm, you’ll find the temperature to be quite comfortable and air con usually available in our accommodation.
We’ll be eating Thai food, of course, and it’s a mix of mild to spicy food. Most food requirements can be catered for; however, food allergies need to be advised on your application form. There will be time each day to talk through our learning and hear God together through team devotions.
Date: 3—18 January 2020
Cost: Approx AUD$1700 per person for a shared room.
- A single room may be available; additional cost to be confirmed.
- Includes shared simple accommodation, meals, transport, gifts to our hosts, and planned activities.
- Airfares to Thailand and internal flights, passports, etc at your own cost.
- Check with your doctor regarding immunizations. We don’t expect to be traveling in malarial zones.
- Travel insurance is mandatory.
- You will be given guidance on suggested travel to Thailand, and you may choose to make your own arrangements and meet the team in Bangkok.
- Open to young adults. leaders, and anyone passionate about seeing the kingdom of God advanced. Children over 12 years old also welcome with a parent.
Team Guide: Pamela Ledley, WOI Mobiliser
Pamela’s own passion for mission grew through her local church, Citywest Church in Sydney. After many years supporting missions she led her first team in 2008 and regularly takes short term teams to Thailand. Mobilizing is at the heart of her call and this trip will be an opportunity to learn and grow together.
Interested in joining this trip?
Leave us with your details below and we’ll get in touch soon with more information.