Myanmar – Short Term Mission Exposure
Date: 6—9 December 2019
These trips are open to all and are especially suited to working adults, professionals, business people and semi-retired/retired people based in Asia or beyond, looking for an opportunity to develop an ongoing partnership/ relationship with local mission projects in Myanmar. This could involve a commitment to pray for, encourage, visit or financially support and bless them.
Efforts will be made to arrange for the most fruitful exposure possible during the short time on site. These efforts usually involve the local missionaries going out of their way to arrange for activities, events and ministry opportunities for the team. So be prepared:
- For last minute changes in programs due to all possible reasons.
- To minister to anyone whenever the opportunity arises. This could include making simple conversation, praying for general blessing, praying for specific needs (e.g. healing), sharing a testimony, playing a simple game, etc.
- To function as a team to help out one another.
Ministry activities may include the following :
- Attending local Church activities such as services, prayer meetings, praise and worship sessions, cell meetings, etc.
- Children Ministries such as interaction with teachers and children, participating in their activities, etc.
- Ice Breaker activities, such as games to facilitate interaction with the locals, etc.
- Prayer walks, visits, and praying for people.
- Conducting training sessions for selected groups of people.
- Village church, village, house and/or family visits.
- Sharing refreshments and meals together with locals.
The team will come alongside a vibrant local church and help serve, refresh and encourage local leaders, full-time workers. Relationships established will be for the longer term, to continue to support and pray for the local church to grow and be more effective in reaching out to their own people in Myanmar.
Eligible to go: Adult and Seniors – Individuals and Married Couples.
Cost: $500 (USD). This amount only includes all local ministry travel expenses, all local meals and twin sharing accommodation in a budget hotel. Travel fares to and from Yangon City Airport, and Visa fees (if any) are to be borne separately on top of the US$500.
Team Guide: Shee Wai Chia, WO Executive Manager.
Interested in joining this trip?
Leave us with your details below and we’ll get in touch soon with more information.