Making a Difference in People’s Holistic Health in Mozambique
Papa Hermino is a Muslim-background believer and a health care worker with natural medicine. He and his wife recently did some discipleship training where Maria (Papa’s wife) was baptised. Now he is helping us tell the Good News to the other health care workers and his people!
Here’s a snapshot of Bom Samaritano in 2016:
• 63 health care houses served by 242 health care workers
• 43,032 sick and wounded treated
• 2,143 community health teachings run in villages (workers also often share about Jesus)
• 36 health care seminars conducted
• 36 visits to prisoners bringing both food and the Word of God
• 208 radio lessons on the Word of God and health
• 43,940 ointments produced
• 124 babies received milk formula porridge
• 1,052 children received clothes, school-material, and some sweets twice a year
Myriam is a trained pediatric nurse and has worked in Monapo under Maziotela Ministries (started by the Ayling family who also works with WO) since March 2004. Specialist areas include preventive medicine, first aid and a project aimed at feeding the homeless, especially children. Myriam began using natural medicine in Maziotela in August of 2004. She is training local paramedics using teaching material from Anamed (Action Natural Medicine).
The three Mozambicans receive their training from Myriam. The literature and teaching material is supplied by Anamed. These paramedics work on a voluntary basis in groups of 3 to 10 people. To avoid corruption and promote a high quality of treatment, they work in shifts.
In August 2007 the paramedics who were trained between 2004 and 2006 and who are already employed, received goats. They breed the goats to stem the extreme poverty so that they can produce an income for their own needs.