English teachers needed!
The Global Connections Centre in Thailand is looking for people who will come and serve in missions as English teachers. It will give you huge opportunities to build relationships within the classroom and outside the classroom. You need to be willing to commit to 6mths – 1yr.
Overview of Student Centre
The vision of Global Connections Centre is to reach secondary and high school aged students in under-evangelised cities/towns in Northeast Thailand. This will be done through providing a facility for tuition, second-language learning, café and other facilities. Second language courses will also be open to the rest of the community (e.g. English courses for the local police/ hospital staff/tourism operators).
Through these activities, we seek to build a local church with practical connections to their community.
The English Teacher’s job will be to prepare lessons and deliver them in a classroom of up to 10 students. This may include Primary, Secondary age students, or adults in the community. Lesson plans and syllabuses may be developed in collaboration with other teachers or the academic dean.
He/She may also assist with outreach, discipleship and some pastoral functions of the church.
Teach English at the Student Centre, including:
- Collaborative syllabus development
- Delivering material
- Help at English camps
- Pastoral care of students
- Pastoral Assistance
- Native-equivalent English speaker
- Holds a Bachelors Degree from an English-medium University
- Possess a Certificate and/or Diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language (min 120 course hours)
- Completed Kairos course or an equivalent basic Mission course, e.g. STINT / Perspectives / CWMC / World Harvest Institute Course (WHI) / Nations
- Preferable – Experience teaching English as a 2nd language
- Nice to have – Conversant in basic Thai
- Committed Christian
- Cross-cultural skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Has good initiative, honest and reliable
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Email
Reports to: Academic Dean
- Local pastor/s
- Admin support/ finance person/ other staff from the language centre
- Principal(s) and staff from local schools
- People from the community
To apply, please email Resume and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org