Didasko Academy has launched!
Didasko Academy is a ministry of World Outreach that produces high-quality online video-based training that aims to cover all aspects of the task of completing the Great Commission. Didasko courses have some advantages over other training courses:
- All the courses are free of charge. All you need is a computer or mobile phone and an internet connection.
- The courses are in English but have subtitles in many languages. These subtitles scroll along as the videos play, and a video can be rewound to an earlier place by simply scrolling the text back and clicking on a word in the text. Initially, the subtitles will be computer-translated. While computers are not yet able to make good translations, the translations should help those for whom English is not their first language. We are looking for volunteers to translate the subtitles well. Two translation projects are underway already, namely Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesian.
- Didasko courses are flexible in that you can complete them at your own pace. They have been designed so that individuals can do courses on their own, or in groups led by facilitators. Facilitators do not have to be experts on the subject matter; they can learn along with the group they lead. We encourage all students to participate in the online discussion forums so that they can also learn from one another.
- Upon successful completion of a course, students receive a digital certificate.
- All our courses are open and freely available to any churches, organizations, and individuals who share our purpose. Our prayer is that others will join us in this movement of freedom.
Currently, these courses are available:
- The Bible and Missions
- Discipling the Nations
- Roles in Frontier Missions
- Prayer Strategy for Life and Ministry
We are hard at work developing more courses.
“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” (Winston Churchill).
Have a look at the website at www.dasko.org
Henry and Betsy are based in South-East Asia. Drawing from ten years’ experience in pioneering work among an unreached people group in Africa, and being course leaders and trainers for WO’s Nations course, they are now focussed on developing Didasko Academy, a free online training provider for intercultural ministry training.