This is an opportunity for Pastors, Leaders and Influencers to join with World Outreach International and to take part in a two-week exploration of the modern world of missions.
The trip will start in Bangkok and will take in legacy work begun more than 35 years ago by World Outreach missionaries. We’ll hear the stories of Thai pastors who have been discipled through these ministries and learn how they in turn make disciples.
We’ll also spend time with next gen missionaries. Young people who have given up their homes, careers and family to serve and play their part to bring the Gospel to Thailand. Their lives and stories will impact you as you hear their vision and heart for Thai people to know Christ.
Then we’ll be heading out into the region known as Isan. This large area of Thailand, bordered by the Mekong River, is home to some of the poorest provinces in Thailand and 18,000,000 people.
Our travels will take us very close to the Mekong River. From here, we’ll be able to consider what we have learnt, consider the opportunities, and pray into the work that remains. Our hosts will be a missionary family who are working with a local church to develop new projects and outreaches into their community and into the nearby closed country.
You’ll go home ready to continue the conversation, ready to play your part to take the Gospel to the ‘ends of the earth’. And when you’re ready, World Outreach would love to assist you to mobilise and develop from within your communities.
Efforts will be made to arrange for the most fruitful exposure possible. These efforts usually involve the local missionaries going out of their way to arrange for activities, events and ministry opportunities for the team. So be prepared for last minute changes in programs.
The trip will be co-ordinated through our mission partners in Bangkok and in rural areas of Thailand.
Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Individuals, Married Couples, and Families
This is a trip for Pastors and Leaders who want to learn more about the modern world of missions and in turn engage your church community in missions.
Participants should agree to our Statement of Faith in our Lord Jesus
Funds needed: Total : $995 – 1,150 (US)
Included in Cost: Lodging and Meals
Other Cost given is for 14 days and will be confirmed when dates are finalised. Amount includes all local ministry travel expenses, all meals and shared accommodation in a budget hotel or church. Accommodation and facilities may be basic in rural areas.
Travel fares to and from Bangkok, and visa fees (if any) are on top of the US$995 – 1150.
A non-refundable deposit of $150 will required to secure your booking.
You will be required to take out travel insurance and to provide evidence of your policy.
Does not include airfares to Thailand and internal airfares if required.
There will be some pre-trip preparation that will be needed and participants will need to familiarize themselves with the preparation activities. Such activities may include:
1. Read fully team handbook that will be provided after you have joined the team.
2. Reading material that will provide information on the places and people that the team is visiting.
3. Preparing a testimony, a short sharing.
4. Learning some songs, game activities for purpose of interaction.
5. Collecting, cleaning and packing items from donors and friends that can be a blessing to the ministry and people we are visiting.
6. Go through check lists to ensure that all administrative arrangements are made correctly.
7. Skype calls among team leader / members.
8. Undertake a strengths assessment, (or similar) and be willing to discuss with the Team Leader.
9. One day of in-country team briefing and training will also be held at the commencement of the trip.
10. Review and agree to team code of conduct.
Debriefing: In-country debriefing will be held on the final day of our trip. This will be followed up with individual conversations and support when you return home.
Applications Close 31st July